Friday, April 20, 2012

Cyber beggars

I got sucked into the twitter craze just recently. I had the account long before, i was posting updates for new posts, but that's as far as it went for me. Now that i am a bit deeper into it, i am starting to figure out a lot of unwritten correlations with the whole blogging, tweeting, facebooking craze.
The people, businesses, blogs (or whatever entity) that require you to add them, retweet them or do whatever that would raise their popularity, are a whole new brand. The brand's name: cyber beggars! They bring no added value, no useful feedback, no reason why you should waste your time with them.
A little advice for them: Quality is the thing that "sells". Quality is the only thing that can guarantee you a steady base of visitors to your blog/ website /business. Achieving high numbers temporarily can be easily attained by cyber begging, but it definitely isn't the way to go if you wish to become respected in your niche.
So this is my pledge to you, quality bloggers: If you ever see me begging for a retweet, place on your blog, free add etc. one of two things has happened: 1. Someone hacked my account 2. I've gone mad. No third option there.

No comments:

Post a Comment