Saturday, March 9, 2013

Note to self

As in any failed venture, the glimpse of hope always appears at the beginning. Tonight I went 3 of 3 with my MLB tips and I am already picturing myself here:

However, I am sure that the stern reality of how cruel sports investing can be is waiting just around the corner to slap me in my face for getting cocky. You know it, and I know it, but for the love of god let me bask in the glory of my solid tips I gave today :). I am sure this was a mega-fluke but some of the stuff I said was extremely accurate. I almost scared myself on occasions. Like for ex. in the Yankees game I said:

"I expect none of them will be on the mound longer than 3.1 innings. 3.1 innings, however, is 37% of the match so there's plenty of opportunity to destroy your team's chances of winning in those 10 outs. I don't believe that will be the case today though."

And indeed they didn't! None of them surrendered any runs through 4.0 innings. Ok, I missed about the 3.1 innings pitched, but in this case, the more we got from them, the bigger the chance the game was going to go our way was.

"I expect Rondon, Claiborne and Miller to make an appearance for the Yankees. "
"On the Braves side Avilan should make an appearance..."

Rondon and Miller did indeed make an appearance for the Yanks, Avilan appeared for Braves. Who cares about Claiborne when I got 3 of 4 right:).  Rondon even took the loss for the Yankees.

"To summarize it all, I expect a low-scoring affair here (as much as one can be in the pre-season) with a slight edge going on the Braves side. Given the fact that the guys in Bet365 are offering Atlanta at 2.00 to win it I believe its worth investing a few dollars."

The match ended 2-1 in Atlanta's favour. I couldn't script it any better. Scary stuff, ha?

To prove that the start was an epic coincidence I will do an analysis on the last remaining match of today's programme between the Red Sox and the Orioles. Lets see if the mini streak gets broken.

Note to self: Keep at it when the going gets tough (and it surely will)! Re-read this post if necessary and keep on trucking!

No comments:

Post a Comment